In this 120 hour course you will learn to safely operate and maintain an excavator. You will graduate this course fully informed and trained to immediately enter the workforce as a heavy equipment operator.
The course provides entry-level excavator operators with 40 classroom hours and 80 machine training hours. A Certificate of Training and pocket card is issued upon successful completion of our OSHA authorized training program. Graduates also get immediate job placement assistance for finding heavy equipment excavator jobs.
Our Excavator Training Program will teach you:
- OSHA Safety Regulations
- Classroom training on personal safety, machine safety and work area safety. Covers your rights under federal law for a safe workplace.
- Locate, identify and describe excavator operator controls, switches and gauges including warning levels.
- Locate, identify and describe functions of excavator engine, powertrain, steering, braking and hydraulics.
- Complete walk-around and pre-shift safety inspections of the excavator.
- Stick-Time Training
- Excavator start-ups and shut-downs, brake tests and basic operating procedures in various practical applications.
- Mock Job Site
- Operate excavator equipment in a mock worksite environment. Perform various procedures and maneuvers required in actual employment situations.
Hands-on Training with Real Excavator Equipment
No simulators here. You will train on new and modern excavator machinery learning the latest methods and techniques of operation.
What is an Excavator?
Excavators are designed to dig holes and move earth. This is the heavy equipment you often see on constructions sites with a bucket attached to a long arm. Parts of an excavator include a boom, dipper (or stick), bucket and a cab sitting on a rotating platform (known as the house).
In this course you will learn the proper names and locations of all excavator parts and attachments, plus understand how they work. Our excavator course includes information on the numerous bucket shapes and sizes and when to use each, from straight-edge cutting to leveling and more.
You will work in-the-seat on an excavator to learn how to control the boom and bucket using joysticks. To become a skilled operator you will also learn to read and adjust excavator gauges for safe operation.
Excavator Training Cost: $3,500
Program Fee Includes:
- Registration Fee
- Physical / Drug Test
- Hard Hat
- Reflective Safety Vest
- OSHA Approved Steel Toe Boots
Optional Housing and Meal Services:
- $600 Hotel Lodging (12 nights double occupancy)
- $250 Sunday Arrivals (3 nights)
- $180 Dining Plan